BIG CATS PAYLAKE is conveniently located approximately ten miles south of Columbus along I-71 between exits #94 and #97. Check our website for spring and fall hours.
BIG CATS offers a complete bait shop with snacks and a full line of supplies, live bait, and tackle. Our knowledgeable staff is always willing to help you. For your convenience, we come to you to weigh fish, deliver bait and supplies.
The lake is 7+ acres with an average depth of 27 feet. We have flat banks and are handicapped accessible.
Watch our website for tournament information.
- Any violation of Lake or Fishing rules will disqualify you from alljackpots and contests. You will be asked to leave.
- 6 and 12 hour tickets include all jackpots.
- Only one extra pole per ticket. No extra poles on Friday, Saturday, or tournament nights. We reserve the right to limit one pole per ticket.
- Poles are to be 10′ apart. Cast straight out. Poles must not be more than 10′ apart.
- No steel leaders. No stainless steel hooks. One hook per pole.
- No bank lines
- No cast netting
- All jackpot and pay fish entries pertain to catfish only.
- All protests must be made within 30 minutes from weigh in.
- All fish must be landed and released in a net.
- DO NOT PICK UP FISH. Handle all fish with care.
- Keep all fish in the net, in the water, and yell “fish on” or call the bait shop.
- Return fish to the water in a net as soon as possible.
- All Shovelhead, Blues, and tag fish remain the property of the lake.
- All fish 10 lbs. and over remain the property of the lake.
- No fish 10 lbs. and over are to be placed on a stringer.
- Channels under 10 lbs. can be kept.
- No snagging. No foul hooks. Fish must be hooked in the mouth.
- Any fish netted by an employee while on the clock does not count for any money. No exceptions.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by all Lake and Fishing rules.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- No weapons.
- No fighting.
- All sales are final. No rain checks or refunds.
- Children under 16 must be with an adult at all times.
- No swimming, loud music, or glass containers.
- Pets must be on a leash. You must clean up after your pet.
- Firewood must be purchased from Big Cats
- No littering. Use the trash cans.
- No parking on grass. Stay on the gravel and park parallel with the lake.
- All lanterns must have a shield on the front side facing water.
- Obey all posted signs. 10 mph speed limit at all times.
- We reserve the right to remove any person for any reason from the property.
- We are not responsible for accidents, injuries, or personal property.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by all lake and fishing rules.
- Anyone caught taking Blues, shovelhead, or other fish over 10 lbs. will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for theft.